Delta School District Facilities Branch
You are hereHome ›
The role of the Facilities Branch is to plan, schedule, implement, and budget all phases of operations and maintenance of the physical plant of the Delta School District as follows:
- Building Maintenance - non-capital work affecting all mechanical, building automation, electrical, security, life safety and architectural operations of District buildings. This includes a range of preventative, predictive, routine and emergency maintenance work. Also covered in this area are servicing of stationary shop and kitchen equipment, and fleet services.
- Grounds Maintenance - upkeep of the entire site and particularly playfields, playgrounds, fencing and pavements for school use.
- Information Technology Services - management of mission critical information systems (financial, personnel, payroll and student), back-up and disaster recovery of critical data, importing/processing/exporting/reporting data, providing access and support for District computer application software, management of the District datacentre/LAN/WAN/WiFi, electronic repair and servicing of instructional and non-instructional equipment, including: security and card access systems; telephone systems; audio/visual and public address equipment; and development of appropriate technology solutions.
- Facility Services - daily custodial cleaning of facilities; trucking services; inter-site mail delivery; management of security runner and guard service contracts; pest control; participating in and promoting health and safety programs; chair, table, risers and staging supply; waste management; and support to community activities occurring in the facilities.
- Project Management & Implementation - planning, designing, budgeting, scheduling and implementation of capital and annual facility projects and minor works (additions, renewals, renovations, reconfigurations and demolitions to buildings and grounds.
- Planning & Property Management - long and short-term enrolment projections, space planning, acquisition and disposal of real property and provision of services to properties leased by or from the District.
- Sustainability & Energy Management - development, implementation and management of the District’s utilities and sustainable operations program with a focus on energy (electricity, fossil fuel) conservation, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, water conservation, waste reduction, and awareness programs.
- Emergency Planning - development, implementation and monitoring of the District Emergency Plan, including liaison with key stakeholders and agencies.
Click here to open/download/view the latest Facilities Branch Business Profile.