- Maintenance Services
- Facility Services
- Information Technology Services
- Energy Management Services
- Health, Safety & Emergency Preparedness
- District Framework
- Capital Projects
- Green Initiatives
- Green Weblinks
- What Can I Do?
- Work Requests
Energy Management Services
Working closely with BC Hydro PowerSmart, FortisBC, the Government of British Columbia Climate Action Secretariat and other agencies, the Facilities Branch is undertaking initiatives to reduce energy (electric, fossil fuel, water) consumption and greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) in our buildings including:
- Auditing of utility consumption, setting performance targets and studying potential projects for reductions;
- Continued upgrading of controls for water, heating, lighting, demand ventilation in gyms and other building automation;
- Fleet management plan to replace antiquated vehicles and grounds equipment with new, fuel efficient, eco-friendly, size-specific equipment;
- Continued greening of our cleaning processes to reduce packaging and waste, and reduce chemicals harmful to the environment;
- An auditing and awareness campaign to reduce the amount of waste entering landfills; and
- Major capital projects such as the Rooftop Heating Units (RTU) Replacement Program, where we replaced close to 400 antiquated, inefficient gas-fired units with new, 350% efficient electric heat pumps.
Click here to open the presentation made to the Board and Principals describing what has been done, what is currently underway and what is planned in the way of sustainable operations for the Delta School District.
Click here to open the 2014 Carbon Neutral Action Report for the Delta School District.
Click here to visit the DeltaGreen website.
The lead manager responsible for coordinating energy management and sustainability is Energy Manager/Project Engineer - Debra Eng