South Delta Secondary School (SDSS) Track Project
STAGE: Completing Phase 2, entering Phase 3
(November 6, 2018) — The City of Delta and the Board of Education have entered into an agreement to jointly fund needed upgrades to the aging South Delta Secondary track facility.
- The long-term plan calls for the resurfacing of the track with synthetic turf material with each party sharing the cost. The estimated total cost is currently $350k.
- Delta School District’s portion of the funding for the project has been set aside in the District’s Operating Reserves.
- Temporary repairs to the track surface were made this spring by school district maintenance staff in order to ready the facility for the 2018 Track & Field season.
- The long-term upgrade project of resurfacing the South Delta track when reliably dry weather conditions make it possible to begin the resurfacing work.
- Long-term use of the track by District and City will be governed by a Joint Use Agreement.
Media Release, April 23, 2018 – SDSS Track Repairs