South Delta Secondary School (SDSS) Track Project
STAGE: Phase 3
(June 13, 2019) — The City of Delta and the Board of Education have entered into an agreement to jointly fund needed upgrades to the aging South Delta Secondary track facility.
June 17 – July 5 Supplementary asphalt repairs
July 7 Site will be fenced and closed to the public till project completion.
July 8 – 10 Material will be staged on site
July 10 – July 17 Preparation and Cleaning of surface
July 17 – August 1 Installation of the Mat track
August 2 – August 8 Line Painting
August 9 Clean up and project completion
This schedule is for information purposes only. Some timeline slippage may result depending on weather conditions
November 6, 2018: Completing Phase 2, entering Phase 3
STAGE: Completing Phase 2, entering Phase 3
(November 6, 2018) — The City of Delta and the Board of Education have entered into an agreement to jointly fund needed upgrades to the aging South Delta Secondary track facility.
- The long-term plan calls for the resurfacing of the track with synthetic turf material with each party sharing the cost. The estimated total cost is currently $350k.
- Delta School District’s portion of the funding for the project has been set aside in the District’s Operating Reserves.
- Temporary repairs to the track surface were made this spring by school district maintenance staff in order to ready the facility for the 2018 Track & Field season.
- The long-term upgrade project of resurfacing the South Delta track when reliably dry weather conditions make it possible to begin the resurfacing work.
- Long-term use of the track by District and City will be governed by a Joint Use Agreement.
SDSS PROJECT UPDATE & Clarification Nov. 2, 2018
UPDATE September 17, 2018 – SDSS Track Update
Media Release, April 23, 2018 – SDSS Track Repairs